Thursday, July 07, 2011

Summer-licious!

Last month I was up at my Mom's for a few days and the local grocery store there was launching their new 'summer products'. I am always leary of BBQ products, as I am not a huge fan of smokey flavoured sauces etc.  I did happen to try one of their new BBQ sauces and I am SO glad I did!!!



They had made pulled pork on buns for us to try...I should also tell you that I am not that adventurous when it comes to cooking red meat...chicken, no problem, but red meat I usually shy away from.  THIS WAS SO DELICIOUS, that I have now cooked it 3 other times since I tasted it!  I even packed 2 bottles of it in ziploc baggies and packed them in my suitcase to take to Florida with us for a meal!!

I had never cooked pulled pork either, so I scowered the web looking and comparing different crock pot recipies for pulled pork...this is what I came up with .

I have now done it in a small and large crock pot and they have come out the same...

Take one cooking onion and slice it into rings...spread a layer of onion on the bottom of the pot, put the meat on top of it and then put another layer of onions on top of the meat....add 1 1/2 cups of water to the pot and then squeeze some sauce over the top of the onions and meat so that it cooks with it....put the crock pot on low and let it cook for 8-9 hours....when cooked, discard all liquid, keep the onions if you'd like and shred the meat and onions with 2 forks while pulling in opposite directions on your cutting board...I usually put the shredded meat back into the crock pot and then add the sauce (to your liking) right in the crock and then put it on low or the warm setting to warm it back up!  My husband tried putting coleslaw on his and really liked it, but he's a 'condiment' kind of guy...I'm more of a simple kinda gal!


This is the yummy sauce..it's PC brand (Presidents Choice) Smokin' Stampede Beer & Chipotle Sauce

 which can be found at any of their stores...I encourage you to try their products, I am usually a name brand kinda girl, but this is super yummy!



If you enjoy icecream and like a more natural kind, then give this one a try (the cheaper icecream always makes me burp afterwards!) Any of their flavours are delicious, but these two are my favourite!!!



What kind of summer treats do you enjoy??


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...